Monday 4 June 2012

Avoiding Reality

This poem was written after I looked at watercolour painting a friend of mine had made. I wrote a poem about it, but while writing it, I was thinking of how my week at Arts Camp, and my week at my writing course was coming to an end. It was time to face the real world, school, extra curriculars, whatever. I didn't want to do it. I wanted to avoid reality.

The music floats through the air like a bubble before it pops. I sit on the hard cold stone bench and watch the birds sing through the branches. The sweet clear sounds wrap around me like a blanket, secluding me from reality. If only the real world were this peaceful, not quite so hard. Maybe then, I would stop running and hiding from everyone and everything. But until that happens, I don't want to leave my haven. I want to stare at the trees, listen to the melody of the birds, feel the warmth and comfort that my safe haven brings to me.


-Cristina

No comments:

Post a Comment