Monday 4 June 2012

The Last Thing He Said..

This is a poem I wrote, well, I don't really know why. The last thing he said was a prompt idea. I don't what made me write about a man giving his daughter up. It didn't happen to me, I don't have friends who it happened to, it just came to me.

The last thing he said to me was I love you. As the tears streamed down his face, I turned around and walked away, never once looking back into the eyes of the man who had raised me. My eyelids burned as I tried to hold a flood of salty tears. I kept them in long enough to get away from everyone, to hide. I was never going back to the place I called home. It was over, done.

I'm in a new place now. It's been three years, I'm 17 now. I'm starting to understand why my father left me. He cared about me, he wanted what was best. It turned out that the best was something he couldn't give. But there was always one thing he always had enough of. Love.


-Cristina

No comments:

Post a Comment