Monday 4 June 2012

The Blue Teacup

My writing instructor, Lara, gave us a prompt. Blue Teacup. That's all. Whatever you thought about, that's what you wrote about. Sounds hard, but it isn't. Because like I said before, all you have to do is let the words flow. You could write about ANYTHING!

The blue teacup. It was my favourite seat on my favourite ride. The smooth feeling of the seat was like a cold river pebble. I loved it. The outside was the most brilliant blue. Not quite the blue of the sky on a hot summer day, but not quite the blue of the waves in the ocean either. The blue teacup was a part of the teacup ride, right on the edge where I liked it. The ride was located in the middle of the park, the heart of the park, its special place. But the blue teacup also had a special place in my heart. When I went on the ride, I felt like a whirling top! The shrieks of laughter and enjoyment I made sounded like those of a child. Although I spun quickly, I still saw spectacular sights. Patterned cobblestone paths, flowers in the colours of the rainbow and more, it was all so beautiful. The swirling teacups were a magical place. But the blue teacup was my favourite. Always was, always will.

I don't go on the teacup ride as much anymore, But what can you do? Children become teenagers, teenagers adults, and as you grow up, you forget about the magic.


-Cristina

No comments:

Post a Comment