Sunday 25 November 2012

Let me start at the beginning...

So I started this blog, but why? Why and who and what and where and how. All valid questions. So I guess I should start at the beginning.

I started this blog because I realized I had a passion for writing. I had done a writing course, and I was the youngest in my class. I was intimidated by the older kids for a few days, but by the end, I had written a bunch of poems that I was proud of. I wanted to show these poems to people, give them a chance to hear what I have to say. So I am going to post my poems here. The where and how are kind of obvious, no explanation needed, right? Anyway, I hope you guys like the poems, and if you have any comments or prompt ideas, feel free to say them.

I would really love getting some ideas for prompts, because having an idea about what to write is over half the challenge of writing them. Prompts can come from anywhere, anything. That's what makes them such a challenge to think of. You overlook the major ideas, and look only at the minor details that you shouldn't think about when writing. When writing a poem or short story, it's easy to let the words flow. Just write. Don't think about how it sounds. Spell things wrong, use improper grammar, that's what editing is for.

So that's pretty much it for my story of why I wanted to create this blog. People find blogging stupid, but I think of it as a way to express things. Not like Facebook or other social networks that teenage girls use as a diary, but as a journal that you're okay with other people seeing. That's all for now!

XOXO, Cristi

1 comment:

  1. Just set your mind free and the prompts are gonna fly around! And do not be shy to work them, the years to come will be your years of freedom of thinking, and you should take any opportunity that arise!

    We miss you! :)

    DAddy

    ReplyDelete