Sunday 25 November 2012

Growing Up

I wrote this poem back in October when I had my thirteenth birthday. I thought about what it was like back in kindergarten. The biggest decision was what crayon to use for my colouring book. Now, as I sit here and  think about my high school courses and what career path I am going to take, I look back on the past years. I have yet to reach some of the things in this poems, but I know they're close. (Oh, and I know this one is a lot shorter, but oh well!)

It's jumping into the deep end and trying to stay afloat. It's having your dad let go of the bike, watching you ride alone. It's you first day of school, your first date or best friend. It's getting your license; it's moving away. It's hard, it's scary, it's thrilling, it's fun. It's growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment